Another Premier League season is finished, this time with the new champion. After 30-year wait, Liverpool the league for the 19th time. Compared to the 2018-2019 season, only one club is new in the top 4: Manchester United in place of Tottenham. Yet, positions are different:
- Manchester City –> Liverpool
- Liverpool –> Manchester City
- Chelsea –> Manchester United
- Tottenham –> Chelsea
Let’s have a look at 13 curious facts regarding this Premier League season.
1. The largest away Premier League victory: On 25 October 2019, Leicester City set a Premier League record for the biggest away league victory, winning Southampton 9–0 at St Mary’s Stadium and equalling the biggest ever PL victory as well.
2. Most scored goals by an international player in the Premier League: On 12 January 2020, in a 6–1 Man City win over Aston Villa, Sergio Agüero set a new record of most goals scored by an international player.
3. The first mid-season break in February: It was the first Premier League season to have a mid-season break in February.
4. During the Premier League 2019-2020 season, the teams have scored 1,034 goals: 153 headed goals, 73 penalties, 26 free kicks, 911 goals from inside box, 129 from outside box, and 78 goals from counter attack.
5. Most goals have scored Manchester City – 102, most goals have conceded Norwich – 75.
6. Most passes have given Manchester City players – 26,329. The winners, Liverpool, are in second place with 23,872 passes.
7. Most clean sheets have set Man City – 17, most saves, Arsenal – 147.
8. Most yellow cards have got Arsenal players – 86, most red cards – 5, also go to Arsenal players.
9. Most own goals – Brighton and Hove Albion (3), most offsides – Burnley (89).
10. Liverpool are Premier League Champions after a 30-Year Wait.
Liverpool now have 19 league titles, which is one less than Manchester United. The club has broken almost all the possible records in the road to this title: a record-equalling run of 18 consecutive wins from October to February, winning the PL title earlier than any club by the number of played matches (with 7 remaining).
11. Liverpool set the Premier League records for the most wins – 32.
12. Liverpool also set a record of the most home wins – 18, in 1 season, setting the most consecutive home wins – 24 record, and the biggest point lead ever (25).
13. Liverpool also set a club record of 44 matches without losing.
On Twitter, Premier League champions asked fans for their preferred Salah goal, and the goal again Man United was an absolute leader (70.4% of votes).
Another boss season for @MoSalah 👑
Which was your favourite Salah goal, last campaign? 🤔⚽️
— Liverpool FC (Premier League Champions 🏆) (@LFC) August 3, 2020
Check Premier League, to learn more: news, stats, players, etc.
- Champions League
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- EURO 2020
- EURO 2020
- EURO 2020
- Europa League
- Football Player
- International Football
- La Liga
- Ligue 1
- Lionel Messi
- National Leagues
- Premier League
- Robert Lewandowski
- Serie A
- UEFA Nations League
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic